Our graphic design course will give you hands-on experience, providing the expertise, experience, confidence and creative skills needed to launch your career in graphic design.
We realise that, as a graduate, what makes you stand out from the crowd is your personality, passion, and the quality of the work in your portfolio. That's why we've designed this graphic design degree to provide you with a wide variety of projects, including a high quality placement & ‘live briefs’, to help you discover what suits you best, allowing you to focus on developing your specialties.
You will receive extensive feedback, support, and advice throughout your studies and have access to our state-of-the-art facilities and equipment.
On this course you will...
- Learn graphic design, magazine design, illustration and typography from experts in these specialisms, and use industry-standard software, equipment and facilities.
- Undertake a real-world creative placement where you have the opportunity to gain high-quality work experience during the second year of your studies.
- Do real graphic design work. 80% of your studies will be practical, so you won't be just learning theory.
- Build a robust portfolio of work for exhibits to showcase your graphic design training and display your talent to potential employers.
- Benefit from practical demonstrations, visits, and feedback from professional designers.
Find out more about studying with us
Attend an Open Day at Cumbria
An Open Day is your opportunity to explore one of 5 campuses, meet your lecturers, and find out how the University of Cumbria could become your new home.