Our apprenticeship programmes have been designed in collaboration with employers, to ensure that apprentices are able to provide the high level skills your business needs in an increasingly competitive global market.
The University of Cumbria’s Offer
As a provider of apprenticeship programmes, the university also offers to its clients:
- high standards of staff expertise coupled with industry experience and academic research,
- advice and guidance to employers and employees on learning and development options,
- access to a one-day course which supports preparation for HE study,
- support to achieve required levels of English and Maths, if required,
- personal tutor support for all learners,
- access to library/e-library and learning resources on-line including study skills,
- regular feedback on apprentice progress,
- named key account manager,
- training needs analyses,
- advice on accessing apprenticeship standards and forming trailblazer groups,
- assistance with use of the Digital Apprenticeship Service and maximising use of the levy and government contributions.
University of Cumbria Added Value
Additional services for which we can provide a competitive price include:
- accreditation of Prior and Experiential Learning (APEL) which can reduce duplication of learning, time and cost of an apprenticeship,
- psychometric assessment service, helping employers to use psychological testing as part of a robust recruitment and selection process,
- education and training in mentorship skills so employers and managers are able to more effectively support their apprentices, and
- brokered access to further training and development through the £8.5m EDGE II programme including a day’s coaching and mentoring session for manager and mentors of apprenticeships (fully funded).
What our apprentices say...
Higher level apprenticeships help develop high level skills within workforces. Find out how the apprentices themselves feel about having the opportunity to upskill themselves whilst at work.