If you are a registered nurse/practitioner or paramedic working in an emergency/urgent care setting and want to enhance your knowledge and skills base to improve your career prospects, this course can do that.
Nurses and paramedics are now expected to take on more in-depth roles and responsibilities in emergency/urgent care and on this course you gain the competences needed to achieve this.
The modules on this course give you the necessary skills to deal with the continual changes to practice in the evolving field of emergency and pre-hospital care.
You will follow an emergency care pathway and complete a period of assessed practice in your workplace, which comprises of a learning practice profile of competencies developed by the Faculty of Emergency Nursing.
Why Choose University of Cumbria
We want you to succeed and enhance your professional prospects to play an active role in practice development in your field, and so, we provide a flexible course to best fit with your lifestyle and commitments.
- We are amongst the UK’s leading health and social care departments
- We have extensive experience as CPD distance learning providers
- Choose to study at our Lancaster campus or complete the course entirely by distance learning
- Study on a modular basis and so you don’t need to commit to the full course – learning at your own, comfortable pace
- All tutors are experienced clinicians in the NHS
- Close support and guidance throughout your studies from a personal tutor
- Interactive online classrooms give you the opportunity to debate and discuss real life scenarios and experiences with fellow students
- Bring your previous university credit with you – whether from us or another institution. We have generous allowances for the accreditation of prior learning (APL)
After completion of this course students can progress to study a postgraduate diploma and/or a MSc