If you’re a registered health professional wanting to boost your career, our flexible distance learning course will see you enhance your qualifications and further your career opportunities.
Our Institute for Apprenticeships and Royal College of Nursing accredited course will develop your knowledge and skills in: health assessment, diagnostic reasoning, clinical decision-making and leadership – all you need to bolster your CV and climb the career ladder.
Why Choose University of Cumbria
We’ve designed our programme to conveniently fit around your job and busy lifestyle, so you can learn at your own pace.
And, if you’re a Non-Medical Prescribing nurse and successfully complete this course, you’ll be automatically entered onto the Royal College of Nursing credentialing database.
- Online learning supported by two study days per module
- Royal College of Nursing accredited course
- We are amongst the UK’s leading health and social care departments
- Flexibility to easily blend academic study and work to enhance personal and career development
- Range of modules to choose from to suit your interests and employment needs
- Tutors carry out national and international research, are members of national advisory bodies and publish papers in their areas of expertise - which will enhance your learning
- Interactive online classrooms give you the opportunity to debate and discuss real life scenarios and experiences with fellow students
- Flexibility to choose from workshops in Lancaster, Carlisle or London
- Eligible to go onto the Royal College of Nursing credentialing database for nurses only. ·
- Renowned provision of advance practice and nursing practice since 1995
- Taught by tutors, who are experienced, advanced practitioners
- Excellent pastoral and tutorial support throughout your studies
Our course will enable you to practice at an advanced level, improve the care of patients, your leadership skills and your professional development. You will be able to demonstrate the knowledge, skills and behaviours of an Advanced Clinical Practitioner Apprentice as identified in the Institute for Apprenticeships Standards for Advanced Practice.
If you would like any more information about the course, please contact the Programme Lead Linda Sutcliffe email@example.com
NB. Course inductions take place in Lancaster and London.
You'll have enhanced employment opportunities as an advanced practitioner, including senior roles in your chosen field of healthcare. Your qualification will also help towards studying at Mphil/PhD level to continue your professional development.
Download the personal statement guide
Get top tips on how to write the best university personal statementDownload Here