Supporting your learning with access to thousands of books, 340,000 ebooks, 25,000 journals and electronic resource collections. Our libraries provide a complete range of services and support to enhance your academic and study skills.
- Print and electronic books and journals.
- We subscribe to many on-line resources that allow students to access thousands of books. 340,000 ebooks and over 210,000 print books via OneSearch
- 25,000 full-text scholarly journals
- 140 electronic resource collections which contain huge quantities of such material as journal articles, conference proceedings, images, videos, reports, maps, teaching materials, etc.
- All students can recommend books for the library by using the Get More Books service
- We produce subject pages to help students know which library resources are good for their course
- Access your module reading lists via the library’s online reading list system
- Individual, group and online library searching skills support via the skills@cumbria service
- Insight is the institutional research repository for the University of Cumbria, providing immediate and free worldwide access to the scholarly outputs of our staff and researchers.
- A range of study areas for group work, quiet work and silent study. There are bookable study rooms at Ambleside, Carlisle and Lancaster.
- Internet connected PCs and wireless access.
- Laptops and a range of media equipment to borrow.
- Printing, scanning and photocopying facilities.
- Stationery for sale.
- A collection of items for students on teaching courses to use in their placements (Lancaster and Carlisle only).
- Access to help and support, including academic and study skills.
- Access to a ‘virtual librarian’ through webchat to help you with referencing and a range of academic and study skills.
The University Centre at Furness has teaching and flexible study space as well as a core collection of textbooks, and can be used by university students in the Furness area.
For more information on our libraries, contact the Library team.