Intended Learning Outcomes
On successful completion, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate critical analysis and synthesis of applied physical assessment techniques.
- Critically analyse and differentiate normal and abnormal physical assessment variants, demonstrating comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the clinical significance.
- Demonstrate critical evaluation of clinical reasoning and the related anatomy and physiology supporting recognition of common injury or medical conditions when in the community.
- Formulate and critically analyse treatment plans based on clinical findings.
- Critically analyse how learning from this module has transformed your understanding of your practice.
The module adopts a problem based learning approach and explores applied physical assessment techniques and subsequent clinical skills required for effective treatment, critical thinking skills. Teaching staff will determine the topics which may change over the duration of the module due to the dynamic nature of ambulance practice
Indicative Student Workload (hours)
- Guided independent study (182)
- Scheduled learning and teaching (18)