Here at our Ambleside campus, you will have access to new laboratories and excellent equipment including camera traps, to help you in your studies. Optional modules will enable you to customise your course to ensure it gives you the skills you need for your chosen career. You will be able to get involved in conservation research and to go on an international field trip to learn about wildlife conservation in less-developed countries. Our strong links with wildlife conservation organisations in the UK and abroad, provide you with excellent work placements, volunteering opportunities and job prospects.
On this course you will...
- Benefit from the only UK conservation degrees taught inside a national park. This provides you with easy access to charismatic wildlife and diverse and distinctive habitats and ecosystems.
- Be taught by experts in wildlife conservation, each with a strong research portfolio in the conservation of animal species and their habitats.
- Enjoy small class sizes which allows us to provide a personal approach to teaching and student support.
- Be actively involved in the reintroduction of endangered wildlife species in Cumbria. So you can gain hands-on experience in species reintroduction as part of your degree.
- Study in a vibrant community within the landscape of the English Lake District. This provides amazing recreational opportunities and you will live and breathe conservation.
Find out more about studying with us
Attend an Open Day at Cumbria
An Open Day is your opportunity to explore one of 5 campuses, meet your lecturers, and find out how the University of Cumbria could become your new home.