Join the Cumbria Network
Exclusively for all University of Cumbria and legacy institution alumni, the Cumbria Network is a mentoring and networking platform and one-stop place to keep you connected to Cumbria and each other.
Search the alumni directory, network with new people, seek a mentor, find your dream job, keep up to date with events and opportunities, read exclusive content, news and blog posts or just find your old friends and reminisce... We are excited to see you there.
- Postgraduate discount – eligible graduates could receive up to 20% discount on taught courses if you completed your undergraduate degree in the last five years. To check eligibility email us.
- CPD Courses – choose from flexible online courses, accredited CPD courses and degree top-ups, apprenticeships, university-based short courses and bespoke training options.
- Continue to use the Library – alumni are welcome to use the libraries for reference and study purposes free of charge during staffed hours. If you wish to borrow items alumni pay a reduced fee to join the library.
- Walk-in Access to Electronic Resources (WATER) – the Library provides visitors with walk-in access to e-resources (WATER) giving access to a number of our subscription electronic resources on our campus sites.
- E-resources – the Library curates an open access web page to help guide alumni and independent researchers toward trusted, high quality, peer-reviewed scholarly content that is freely available online.
- Refworks – alumni can continue to access the Library's referencing management system, Refworks.
Developing Your Career
- Careers and Employability Support – graduates receive support from the careers and employability service for up to three years after graduation. Make appointments through My Career Enriched.
- My Career Enriched (MCE) – graduates are entitled to up to three years access to appointments, events, feedback and pathways.
- Job Search – all graduates have lifelong access to our jobs board, sign up for weekly job alerts too.
- Graduate Resources – we have a dedicated graduate page that you can access anytime.
- Business Resources – a range of tools that can help you on your entrepreneurial journey.
- Certificates and transcripts – need proof of your qualifications? Click the link in the title.
- PebblePad – a personal learning space e-portfolio system to record your personal development, CPD, learning, teaching and assessment.
Keep in touch with the university and each other
- Aluminate - the graduate newsletter – all alumni receive our monthly e-newsletter packed full of news and updates to keep you connected to Cumbria and each other. Ensure you get yours by keeping your contact details up to date here.
- Find Lost Friends – want to get back in touch with your classmates? We can help, drop us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Reunions – thinking of organising your reunion? We can help.
- Archives – we hold prospectuses, photos and other memorabilia going back to the legacy institutions of our campuses. We welcome visits to view the archives.
- Claim your alumni pin badge. – if you have lost yours or never received one, we are happy to post you your pin badge free of charge. Claim yours here.
- Conference and events discount – alumni get 10% off when booking your meeting, event or conference on campus.