|Award||BSc (Hons) Project Management|
|Accreditation||Association for Project Management|
|Duration||Typically 4 years|
Our project manager apprenticeship course has been designed around the requirements of professional bodies, including the Association for Project Management (APM), so you learn all the profession-relevant skills that you need for a career in project management.
You’ll learn about the foundations of project management, the business environment, and develop your skills in using project management techniques and software, so you can graduate career-ready.
The course also focuses on your personal development with opportunities to improve your communication and leadership skills to develop the confidence you'll need as a practising project manager.
Areas of study
- Development of robust business cases
- Governance of projects
- Project planning and control
- Stakeholder and communications management
- Schedule development and management
- Procurement and contract management
- Scope identification and management
- Risk identification and management
- Quality management
- Leading and managing teams
How to apply
Government funding rules require that an apprentice must have the right to live and work in the UK, must be in employment, paid at least the legal minimum wage and have a written and signed agreement for the apprenticeship with their employer. The minimum duration periods for an apprenticeship set in each Apprenticeship Standard, is based on an apprentice working a minimum of 30 hours per week.
Funding for the apprenticeship is provided through the Employment and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA) and is paid in the following way:
- Levy paying employers with sufficient funds in their digital account – 100% funding
- Non Levy payers – 95% ESFA funding, 5% Employer co-funding.
Individual apprenticeships may have specific entry requirements (qualifications and/or experience): please contact us for more details.
Where will the training be delivered?
The work-based competencies will be met within your current workplace.
The university sessions will normally be delivered from our Fusehill Street campus in Carlisle.