Do you have an interest in education? Are you keen to study aspects of education without committing to becoming a teacher? See education as a subject in its own right?
Well, we’ve designed our Education Studies programme so you can explore the nature, scope and purpose of education in formal and informal systems to gain a breadth of knowledge of education.
You’ll study it from a national and global point of view, in vocational and non-vocational education and training and in lifelong learning.
Why Choose University of Cumbria
We’ll give you a solid academic grounding, so if you want to progress to further study at masters level or go into primary teaching, you can, because we’ll even support you in achieving the statutory skills tests.
You have the opportunity to complete work experience each year, so all the theory you learn in lectures and seminars will be backed up with first-hand experience. Not only will this boost your confidence, but it’ll bolster your CV.
- Our strong partnership with educational providers helps you to secure placements and enhances your job prospects
- Study in small class groups, so we will get to know you well
- Support from a personal tutor from the start of your studies
- Work-based placements will enhance your academic knowledge and boost your employability
- Boost your professional and employability skills throughout your studies
- Flexibility to follow and research your own interests
- Taught by tutors with education backgrounds to bring real-life experience into your learning
- Choice of studying in either Carlisle - an historic city close to the Lake District National Park - or London. Whichever you choose there's plenty to do outside of your studies
So, if you’re passionate about education, this is the perfect course for you.