During this one-year course, experience a practical placement that provides you with hands-on experience. You can take this placement with an institution or organisation you already know or a new one, the sourcing of which we can support you with. If you are already working in an education setting, you can even use your employment as your placement. Our industry-experienced tutors support and provide you with a solid academic grounding to complement your practical experience. You’ll study subjects associated with education, teaching and learning, gaining a national and international perspective of education. Discover the world of social justice, policy and current affairs in the context of education.
On this course you will...
- Complete work-based placements, enhancing your academic knowledge and boosting your employability.
- Develop a critical understanding of educational environments and approaches in relation to social justice, social policy and educational diversity.
- Benefit from an intimate learning environment, including a personal tutor and small class groups.
- Complete research enquiries on educational issues and in educational settings, developing analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Learn flexibly, studying the areas of education that are of interest to you.
Find out more about studying with us
Attend an Open Day at Cumbria
An Open Day is your opportunity to explore one of 5 campuses, meet your lecturers, and find out how the University of Cumbria could become your new home.