Do you have an interest in education? Are you keen to study aspects of education without committing to becoming a teacher? Do you see education as a subject in its own right?
Well, we’ve designed our Education Studies programme so you can explore the nature, scope and purpose of education in formal and informal systems. You’ll study it from a national and global point of view, in vocational and non-vocational education and training and in lifelong learning.
Wondering what the lecturers are like? Watch our on-demand taster session where lecturer Dr. Paula Daines explores how gender has an impact on the education of children, especially girls, in both the developed and developing world.
Why Choose University of Cumbria?
We’ll support you to achieve success in the DipHE and there will be an opportunity to progress to the BA (Hons) programme. We’ll even help you with additional support for the skills test to give you the chance to move onto initial teacher training.
Practical experience sits at the heart of our course, so all the theory you learn in seminars will be backed up by work experience. Not only will this boost your confidence, it’ll bolster your CV.
- We have a strong partnership with educational providers and can help you to secure work experience as you study to enhance your job prospects
- You will study in small class groups, so we will get to know you well
- You will be allocated a personal tutor from the start of your studies, who will support and guide you
- Work-based placements will enhance your academic knowledge and boost your employability
- You’ll boost your professional and employability skills throughout your studies
- You’ll have the flexibility to follow and research your own interests
- Help to progress onto further studies such as the full BA (Hons) Education Studies
- You’ll be taught by tutors with education backgrounds to bring real-life experience into your learning
So, if you’re passionate about education, this is the perfect course for you.
Upon achieving success in the DipHE, there will be the opportunity to progress to the BA (Hons) programme if you wish to continue with your education. With additional support for the skills test throughout your period of study, you may wish to move onto initial teacher training. This would place you in an ideal position in your professional development to apply for a postgraduate teacher training course leading to Qualified Teacher Status (QTS).
After completing a PGCE QTS or additional development course, you'll go onto a successful career in the education sector. Some of our students go into primary school education, children's centres, nurseries and museums, whilst others become professional nannies and childminders.