We are the largest provider of health professionals in Cumbria and North Lancashire with an expert team of lecturers committed to providing you with the best grounding for your career in healthcare.
Advanced Practice Course
Our accredited advanced practice course is designed for qualified healthcare professionals wishing to further their development in a healthcare environment. Our flexible, three-year programme ensures the advancement of your diagnostic skills, clinical decision-making skills and improve your ability to diagnose patients:
Non-Medical Prescribing Programmes
Our non-medical prescribing programmes are multi-professional, part-time courses which prepare, nurses, midwives, pharmacists and allied health care professionals (physiotherapists, podiatrists, paramedics and therapeutic radiographers) to become non-medical prescribers within their own practice area. On successful completion of the programme qualified non-medical prescribers, will be able to complete episodes of care, whilst also enhancing their role within the team.
The value of non-medical prescribing in the North West of England, both to individual practitioners and the NHS, has been highlighted in the i5 Health (NMP) "An Economic Evaluation" report ( pages 7-8) as follows:
- Improvement in quality of patient care
- Improved patient outcomes
- Cost efficiencies
- Reduction in hospital admissions
- Effective use of a highly skilled workforce
- Enhanced career opportunities
We offer a number of non-medical prescribing courses:
- Independent and Supplementary Prescribing by Allied Health Professionals (for physiotherapists, podiatrists, paramedics and therapeutic radiographers)
- Independent Prescribing by Nurses and Midwives (V300)
- Independent Prescribing by Pharmacists
- Community Practitioner Nurse Prescribing (V150)
All of our advanced practice and non-medical prescribing programmes are accredited by the relevant professional regulatory bodies (RNC, NMC, HCPC, GPhC). Therefore, you can be guaranteed that standards for education, training, and prescribing lawfully are in accordance with the standards of the professional regulatory body and enable you to deliver care safely and effectively in your future roles.