For qualified midwives who are looking to build on their existing qualifications and enhance their knowledge, we offer a wide provision of courses from stand-alone modules to masters degrees that can be tailored to meet personal and professional development needs.
- Negotiated and work based learning options
- Undertake focused study in a specific aspect of midwifery practice
- Gain credit for development work that you are already undertaking in practice
- Study modules that develop your leadership and management potential
- Take more general options such as evidence based practice and mentorship
- Dedicated midwifery modules include Examination of the Newborn at degree and masters level.
Our practice development framework allows you to focus your learning on midwifery and to add this to the title of your award, for example MSc Practice Development: Midwifery.
- PgD Practice Development
- MSc Practice Development
- Professional Midwifery Advocate Module
- Examination of the newborn (Level 6) Module
- Examination of the newborn (Level 7) Module
- Independent/Supplementary Prescribing for Nurses and Midwives (V300) - Level 6
- Independent / Supplementary Prescribing for Nurses and Midwives (V300) - Level 7