PgD - Tourism Management
Located at our Ambleside Campus, in the heart of the Lake District, your learning experience is embedded into one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world. Aimed at existing industry professionals seeking to optimise their career potential, our PGDip in Tourism Management is designed in consultation with regional and national businesses operating in a range of sectors across the tourism industry.Apply Now
The course provides you with the opportunity to enhance and extend your existing knowledge and expertise by focusing on the critical areas of success in the tourism industry. Each module provides you with a ‘toolkit’ for modelling what successful tourism sector provision looks like in this highly diverse industry with multiple stakeholders and widely differing agendas.
On this course you will...
- Develop and deepen your knowledge and understanding of the tourism industry.
- Examine cutting edge thinking and practice across the tourism sector.
- Utilise advanced subject-specific skills to enable decision-making in complex and unpredictable situations.
- Synthesise concepts and integrate new knowledge in a real-world context.
- Enhance your employability, career potential and personal effectiveness.
Nestled in the Lake District National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage site, the Ambleside campus is the perfect place for world-savers, animal lovers, and adventurers. There is never a dull moment when surrounded by such natural beauty and opportunity.Find out more
Find out more about studying with us
Attend an Open Day at Cumbria
An Open Day is your opportunity to explore one of 5 campuses, meet your lecturers, and find out how the University of Cumbria could become your new home.