The MSc Adult Nursing (Pre-registration) course aims to prepare graduates for the complex, demanding, and rewarding area of adult nursing. The course provides graduates from a range of backgrounds with the opportunity to transfer their skills to become a registered Adult Nurse. Build on your undergraduate experience and become a fully-qualified nurse in two years. Become eligible for registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Council as a qualified adult nurse.
To gain vital real-world experience; 50% of your course is spent on placement. Your placement will be spent across a varied range of clinical environments for example, accident and emergency, medical/surgical, older adults, orthopaedics, palliative care and hospice nursing. Obtain sought-after postgraduate credentials, with a NHS Band 5 prospective starting salary.
On this course you will...
- Develop the skills and knowledge to practice as a confident, competent and caring Adult Nurse as well as the opportunity to enjoy a rewarding career in an area of your choice!
- Learn through the support of experienced practice assessors/supervisors whilst on placement and from nursing staff and academics in both the classroom and simulated clinical environments.
- Be a part of an intimate cohort so that you will benefit from close tuition from the nursing team who will be on hand to support you through your studies and help facilitate your learning.
- Have access to a range of technology to enhance your learning. These include clinicalskills.net; OCULUS - a virtual reality headset for simulated activities; and a Pharmacology and Prescribing Resource.
- Exit with a MSc in Nursing and be eligible to register with the Nursing & Midwifery Council as a Registered Nurse (RN)
Find out more about studying with us
Attend an Open Day at Cumbria
An Open Day is your opportunity to explore one of 5 campuses, meet your lecturers, and find out how the University of Cumbria could become your new home.