This is a pre-registration nursing course designed for graduates who would like to become qualified nurses.
The deadline for January 2022 entry is 30th September for UK applicants.
This course is not open to applicants already in possession of a nursing qualification. If you are already a qualified nurse (irrespective of country) please access our Post-Registration Programmes.
Nurses translate evidence-based knowledge to improve healthcare delivery while maintaining and emphasising the ethics of person-centred care.
The modules on this course have been designed with this in mind and aim to stimulate innovation, improve quality, manage risk, and identify areas for productive change.
Did you know that an NHS Bursary is available for this course? Tap here to learn more
MSc Adult Nursing
The MSc Adult Nursing course prepares you for a fulfilling and rewarding career caring for adults of all ages who have had injuries, suffered accidents, acquired disease or have a range of healthcare needs.
Why Choose to study MSc Nursing at the University of Cumbria
- 100% of Adult Nursing students in work or further study within 15 months (HESA GOS 2017/18)
- Eligible to join the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) Register to practice as a qualified Adult nurse upon successful completion of all aspects of the course.
- Options to undertake your placements in the Carlisle or Lancaster area.
- Our contacts with NHS Trusts and care providers give you great employment prospects.
- Accommodation options.
- Tutors carry out national and international research, are members of national advisory bodies and publish papers in their areas of expertise - which will enhance your learning.
- Build on your undergraduate experience and become a fully-qualified nurse in two years.
- Obtain sought-after postgraduate credentials
- Gain vital real-world experience by spending 50% of your course on placement.
- Former students have won prestigious national awards for their work in nursing.
Our primary goal is to see you become an excellent qualified nurse, who has a sound and current knowledge of issues and conditions affecting patients and clients across a wide range of clinical practice settings.
You’ll be supported closely throughout your postgraduate degree so that you step into a role as an qualified nurse who can confidently make a difference to other peoples’ lives when it matters.
Eligible to join the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) register to practice as a qualified Adult nurse upon successful completion of all aspects of the course. Our contacts with NHS Trusts and care providers give you great employment prospects.