MSc - Pre-Registration Nursing/Registered Nurse: Adult Nursing
Did you know you can become a nurse in just 2 years? On this accelerated programme you can become a confident, competent, caring, and compassionate nurse with all the skills you need to take the next step in your career. You'll learn in a supportive, forward-thinking, and well-connected environment. Explore all aspects of nursing, from the fundamentals of providing care to caring for patients with complex needs.
You'll develop specialist skills including communication, decision-making, team working, leadership, management and upholding professional values so that you can achieve your full potential as an adult nurse.
The MSc Adult Nursing (Pre-registration) course aims to prepare graduates for the complex, demanding, and rewarding area of adult nursing. The course provides graduates from a range of backgrounds with the opportunity to transfer their skills to become a registered Adult Nurse. Build on your undergraduate experience and become a fully-qualified nurse in two years. Become eligible for registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Council as a qualified adult nurse.
To gain vital real-world experience; 50% of your course is spent on placement. Your placement will be spent across a varied range of clinical environments for example, accident and emergency, medical/surgical, older adults, orthopaedics, palliative care and hospice nursing. Obtain sought-after postgraduate credentials, with a NHS Band 5 prospective starting salary.
On this course you will...
- Develop the skills and knowledge to practice as a confident, competent and caring Adult Nurse as well as the opportunity to enjoy a rewarding career in an area of your choice!
- Learn through the support of experienced practice assessors/supervisors whilst on placement and from nursing staff and academics in both the classroom and simulated clinical environments.
- Be a part of an intimate cohort so that you will benefit from close tuition from the nursing team who will be on hand to support you through your studies and help facilitate your learning.
- Have access to a range of technology to enhance your learning. These include clinicalskills.net; OCULUS - a virtual reality headset for simulated activities; and a Pharmacology and Prescribing Resource.
- Exit with a MSc in Nursing and be eligible to register with the Nursing & Midwifery Council as a Registered Nurse (RN)
What our students say
I would like to go home after work and be able to sit at home knowing that I have made a difference to someone’s life whether that be small or large. I am a strong believer that you never stop learning, for me, the MSc is the next step on my journey.
Chloe McKeating, MSc Nursing
You are welcomed onto the course with smiles and kindness and nothing is ever too much trouble for the lecturers. The course is amazing, the skills you are taught to be able to go on placement, the equipment which is available for you to be able to learn the skills and the resource in the university to help you enhance your learning skills is something you wouldn’t get at other universities.
Louise Caven, MSc Nursing
Carlisle - Fusehill Street Campus
The Fusehill Street campus has been the setting of life-saving treatments since World War I. Now, it's home to world changers, life-savers, crime fighters, and entrepreneurs with access to high-quality facilities and innovative thinking.Find out more
Find out more about studying with us
Attend an Open Day at Cumbria
An Open Day is your opportunity to explore one of 5 campuses, meet your lecturers, and find out how the University of Cumbria could become your new home.