The MSc Nursing (Pre-registration - Mental Health) course aims to prepare graduates for the complex, demanding, and rewarding area of mental health nursing.
Nurses translate evidence-based knowledge to improve healthcare delivery while maintaining and emphasising the ethics of person-centred care.
The modules on this course have been designed with this in mind and aim to stimulate innovation, improve quality, manage risk, and identify areas for productive change.
Did you know that an NHS Bursary is available for this course? Tap here to learn more
MSc Mental Health Nursing
The MSc Mental Health Nursing prepares you to recognise individual needs and the appropriate interventions for them - helping people make positive changes to their lives and supporting them on their journey of recovery.
Why Choose to study MSc Nursing at the University of Cumbria
- 100% of Mental Health Nursing students in work or further study within 15 months (HESA GOS 2017/18).
- Eligible to join the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) Register to practice as a qualified Mental Health nurse upon successful completion of all aspects of the course.
- Options to undertake your placements in the Carlisle or Lancaster area.
- Our contacts with NHS Trusts and care providers give you great employment prospects.
- Accommodation options.
- Tutors carry out national and international research, are members of national advisory bodies and publish papers in their areas of expertise - which will enhance your learning.
- Build on your undergraduate experience and become a fully-qualified nurse in two years.
- Obtain sought-after postgraduate credentials
- Gain vital real-world experience by spending 50% of your course on placement.
- Former students have won prestigious national awards for their work in nursing.
Our primary goal is to see you become an excellent qualified nurse, who has a sound and current knowledge of issues and conditions affecting patients and clients across a wide range of clinical practice settings.
You’ll be supported closely throughout your postgraduate degree so that you step into a role as an qualified nurse who can confidently make a difference to other peoples’ lives when it matters.
Eligible to join the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) register to practice as a qualified Mental Health nurse upon successful completion of all aspects of the course. Our contacts with NHS Trusts and care providers give you great employment prospects.