The MSc Mental Health Nursing (Pre-registration) course aims to prepare graduates for the complex, demanding, and rewarding area of mental health nursing. The course provides graduates from a range of backgrounds the opportunity to transfer their skills, build on undergraduate experience and become a fully-qualified NMC registered nurse in two years.
To gain vital real-world experience, 50% of your course is spent on placement. Your placement will be spent across a varied range of professional environments for example. perinatal mental health, dementia services, forensic mental health and dementia and memory matters. Obtain sought-after postgraduate credentials, with a NHS Band 5 prospective starting salary.
On this course you will...
- Develop the skills and knowledge to practice as a confident, competent and caring Mental Health Nurse as well as the opportunity to enjoy a rewarding career in an area of nursing that excites you.
- Learn through the support of experienced practice assessors/supervisors whilst on placement and from nursing staff and academics in both the classroom and simulated clinical environments.
- Be a part of an intimate cohort so that you will benefit from close tuition from the nursing team who will be on hand to support you through your studies and help facilitate your learning.
- Have access to a range of technology to enhance your learning. These include clinicalskills.net, OCULUS - a virtual reality headset for simulated activities and Pharmacology and Prescribing Resources.
- Graduate with a masters in Nursing and be eligible to register with the Nursing & Midwifery Council as a Registered Mental Health Nurse (RMN)
Find out more about studying with us
Attend an Open Day at Cumbria
An Open Day is your opportunity to explore one of 5 campuses, meet your lecturers, and find out how the University of Cumbria could become your new home.