This course uses the fundamental process of actual lived experience to explore the cultural, ecological and political lenses which influence our thoughts and behaviour. In contrast to more formal approaches to learning, this course exemplifies experiential learning in its delivery, as well as in the content of its curriculum.
To reflect this contemporary trend, there are 3 pathways to choose from which reflect current applications of experiential learning.
• Outdoor & Experiential Learning
• Outdoor & Experiential Learning (Bushcraft)
• Outdoor & Experiential Learning (Health & Wellbeing)
You will consider the histories, contemporary application and growth of outdoor and experiential learning at the intersections of professional practice, pedagogy and philosophy via debate & discussion, creative reflection, critical analysis and critique of research and evidence.
On this course you will...
- Be part of a Lake District campus that prioritises hands-on and skills-based learning.
- Be part of an innovative and creative course that is tailored to the individual for professional development and enhanced employability
- Have the opportunity to be creative and critical in challenging accepted ideas about both the contexts of experiential learning and about yourself.
- Be part of a transdisciplinary course including teaching on anthropology, philosophy, Bushcraft, therapeutic landscapes, art, pedagogy, eco-psychology, outdoor and environmental education, experiential learning, environmental humanities, and more.
- Explore options for your personal and professional lives derived from many disciplines and cultures based on a reconsideration of the very processes of sensation, perception and cognition.
- Be taught by an internationally renowned, highly-qualified, experienced, empathetic, and diverse staff team with a breadth of expertise in pathway areas and in creative and imaginative teaching and learning.
Find out more about studying with us
Stay focused. Go far. We've got you.
You don't have to go further to go far.
It only takes a few hours to change your life.