Through the lenses of cultural, environmental and outdoor educational theories, it explores personal and social development, using lectures, seminars and outdoor experiences. Whether you're already involved in outdoor activities or new to the field, our course will extend your understanding and knowledge. The principles of outdoor and experiential learning have recently branched out into Health and Wellbeing and Bushcraft education. Therefore, to reflect this contemporary trend, there are 3 pathways to choose from in order to complete the PGDip qualification.
- Outdoor & Experiential Learning
- Outdoor & Experiential Learning (Bushcraft)
- Outdoor & Experiential Learning (Health & Wellbeing)
On this course you will...
- Be part of a Lake District campus that prioritises hands-on and skills-based learning.
- Be part of an innovative and creative course that is tailored to the individual for professional development and enhanced employability
- Develop high level research skills and evidence-based research
Find out more about studying with us
Attend an Open Day at Cumbria
An Open Day is your opportunity to explore one of 5 campuses, meet your lecturers, and find out how the University of Cumbria could become your new home.