MSc - Physiotherapy (Pre-registration)
You’re driven to help others and improve their quality of life. You'd like to use your existing scientific knowledge to maximise peoples ability to move and function. On this accelerated course you'll gain the qualifications needed to become an effective physiotherapist in two years, rather than the traditional three.
Our course is designed to equip you with the skills and qualifications required for you to become a practising physiotherapist accredited by the CSP and registered with the HCPC.
Building on your existing academic skills, you will learn profession-specific skills which meet the needs of your future employers. You'll complete over 1000 hours of clinical practice placements, taking advantage of our exceptional industry links across North West England, Southern Scotland, the Isle of Man and more. You'll develop your examination, assessment, treatment and leadership skills, allowing you to graduate with a strong profile.
Our professionally-experienced tutors provide you with theoretical backing and hands-on opportunities in our physiotherapy and simulation suites. Whilst learning, you will be able to work with other Institute of Health students, as you would in a professional role.
On completion of this accelerated degree, you will be eligible to apply for membership to the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP) and the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC). This will open up a variety of employment opportunities in the NHS, private and sporting sectors.
On this course you will...
- Complete practical learning in simulated clinical environments, facilitated by experienced physiotherapy staff. Enhancing your learning and preparing you for a clinical environment.
- Learn the practical skills needed in the diagnosis and management of musculoskeletal, respiratory and neurological conditions.
- Complete a range of practice placements within various settings allowing you to experience the nature of the profession and the different specialisms that it covers.
- Get to know your classmates well and receive close tuition, support and guidance from our friendly lecturing team.
- Become a practising physiotherapist in only two years, rather than the traditional three.
- Be able to apply for membership to the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy and the Health and Care Professions Council. Membership of these governing bodies enables you to enter the clinical environment as an autonomous practitioner.
Carlisle - Fusehill Street Campus
The Fusehill Street campus has been the setting of life-saving treatments since World War I. Now, it's home to world changers, life-savers, crime fighters, and entrepreneurs with access to high-quality facilities and innovative thinking.Find out more
Find out more about studying with us
Attend an Open Day at Cumbria
An Open Day is your opportunity to explore one of 5 campuses, meet your lecturers, and find out how the University of Cumbria could become your new home.