MSc - Psychology: Research Methods and Statistics
This course is designed for graduates who wish to pursue a career in researching professional psychology.
You'll gain skills in research design and planning, statistical data analysis, disseminating research (e.g. conferences, publishing in journals) and how to pursue a successful career in the field. We use a variety of blended learning and campus-based activities specifically designed to meet the needs of learners working in a range of contexts.
If you want to pursue a career in research or academia, our innovative MSc Psychology: Research Methods and Statistics course will be a great first step to enable you to go onto PhD research and beyond. We’ve earned a great reputation nationally for our cutting edge research methods and we will teach you to use differing and specialist methods, equipping you for future challenges and advancing your career prospects.
This pathway aims to provide a stimulating and challenging academic and scholarly environment for learners who wish to advance their academic and professional development beyond undergraduate level, through developing specialised knowledge and a critical awareness of issues at the forefront of psychological research methodology debates. It has been designed to cover the traditional and non-traditional research methods, such that prospective academics and practitioners alike feel equipped for future challenges.
On this course you will...
- Be able to explore and apply psychological literature to current issues, contexts and experiences for Level 7 qualitative and quantitative research skills
- Be given high quality support and guidance by our lecturing team who are active in their research and practice.
- Learn valuable transferrable skills in PG research, which are highly sought after by employers.
- Have the opportunity to choose topics and areas that you want to learn more about to tailor your learning experience.
- Have the opportunity to shape your MSc experience to your own interests and career goals, allowing our team to help you to reach your ideal future career.
Carlisle - Fusehill Street Campus
The Fusehill Street campus has been the setting of life-saving treatments since World War I. Now, it's home to world changers, life-savers, crime fighters, and entrepreneurs with access to high-quality facilities and innovative thinking.Find out more
Find out more about studying with us
Attend an Open Day at Cumbria
An Open Day is your opportunity to explore one of 5 campuses, meet your lecturers, and find out how the University of Cumbria could become your new home.