Grounded in the learning of our acclaimed PGCE General Secondary, this Physics pathway allows you to develop the skills to teach in the secondary school setting, creating and leading engaging science lessons. This unique specialism gives you the opportunity to inspire the next generation of astronomists, engineers and meteorologists.
You’ll learn through a blend of theory and hands-on experience, working within the National Curriculum framework. You'll explore the concepts and key themes of Secondary General, confidently devising and delivering engaging lessons to children and young people, aged 11-16 years old.
Over half the course will be spent working in the classroom on assessed placement, with school-based enrichment activities alongside your university-based study. You'll take two placements across a variety of schools and settings, building a wealth of experience to help advance your future career.
On this course you will...
- Inspire young people to get curious about the world around us.
- Benefit from high-quality support from our academics and staff on a programme designed around you.
- Learn from an experienced, highly qualified programme team, working at the forefront of the academic field.
- Enjoy the intimate feel of our course delivery, with small class sizes and your own personal tutor.
- Utilise cutting edge research on a newly revalidated and up-to-date course.
International student? More info
Find out more about studying with us
Stay focused. Go far. We've got you.
You don't have to go further to go far.
It only takes a few hours to change your life.