The Vice Chancellor's Office deals with Governance and Compliance, and Service Administration. It is based at our Fusehill Street campus in Carlisle, with some specialist service provision in Lancaster.
Who we support
- All University of Cumbria staff
- University Board members and the Senior Management Team
- External partners and funding bodies
- Individuals or groups making Freedom of Information (FOI) requests
- Individuals making Data Protection requests
- Any individual or group with an interest in our business operations.
- Legal and regulatory compliance
- Managing FOI requests and the university's Publication Scheme
- Advising staff on legal matters relating to the university
- Committee servicing and support
- Clerical services for Directors and the Senior Management Team
- Servicing the various executive and deliberative committees of the university in an efficient manner; booking meetings, preparing papers and producing minutes.
- Providing reliable and effective clerical support to Directors and senior managers via a team of experienced Executive Assistants.
- Providing or sourcing relevant and engaging training for staff on matters of compliance and best practice, including FOI, Data Protection and Records Management.
- Providing or sourcing accurate and timely legal advice on professional matters to University of Cumbria staff