The choice is yours. You will draft, initiate and project-manage your own creative briefs, with guidance from programme tutors. You can specialise in one medium or work on projects, either individually or collaboratively, across multiple media. You will have access to technician expertise and the industry-standard facilities at our Brampton Road campus. Our MA will give you the practical, technical, and applied knowledge to develop the flexible skills needed to forge a career within a constantly shifting cultural landscape.
The MA Creative Practice programme is structured across a full-calendar year starting in late September and culminating the following August. The programme leads towards the completion of a major MA Project, and professional presentation in the final Masters exhibition. Working under the guidance of your tutors you can approach the practical modules thematically, as part of one overarching project, or as a series of mini briefs.
On this course you will...
- Study in industry-standard studio spaces that include Mac and PC computer suites carrying the latest high-specification design and video production software and hardware.
- Benefit from opportunities to showcase your work within a professional context including the final MA show and graduate exhibitions in London.
- Have access to technical expertise and facilities including the printmaking studio, 3D workshop, audio-visual store, photography darkrooms, editing suites, motion capture tech and a production studio with a full lighting rig and multi-camera set-up.
- Gain from the professional development built into module content - tutors have great industry links (including a Hollywood scriptwriter and comic-strip artist), which gives you the opportunity to network and make industry contacts.
- Learn from academic practitioners that are experts in their field, have published and/or exhibited nationally and internationally and are involved in practice-led research.
Find out more about studying with us
Attend an Open Day at Cumbria
An Open Day is your opportunity to explore one of 5 campuses, meet your lecturers, and find out how the University of Cumbria could become your new home.