This specialism allows you to explore ways in which all pupils, including those with special educational needs and disabilities, can be included in classrooms and schools. You will learn through a combination of theory, an examination of current policy and practice, including the Children and Families Act (2014) and the SEND Code of Practice 0 to 25 (2015), combined with plenty of practical experience and input from experts in the SEND field.
On this course you will...
- develop your personal interest through a specialist pathway.
- benefit from high-quality support from our academics and staff on a programme designed around you.
- Learn from an experienced, highly qualified programme team, working at the forefront of the academic field.
- Enjoy the intimate feel of our course delivery, with small class sizes and your own personal tutor.
- Utilise cutting edge research on a newly revalidated and up-to-date course.
Find out more about studying with us
Attend an Open Day at Cumbria
An Open Day is your opportunity to explore one of 5 campuses, meet your lecturers, and find out how the University of Cumbria could become your new home.