If you have a background in psychology, sociology or criminology, our MSc course will allow you to gain deeper insight into the effects of being abusive or being abused.
You'll develop comprehensive knowledge and understanding of a broad range of topics pertinent to interpersonal violence and abuse. You'll examine the impact of abuse in different international, cultural and social contexts, and you'll have the chance to examine practice and research from theoretical perspectives.
On this course you will...
- Be able to explore and apply psychological literature to current issues, contexts and experiences around interpersonal violence and abuse.
- Recieve high quality support and guidance by our lecturing team who are active in their research and practice.
- Learn valuable transferrable skills in PG research, which are highly sought after by employers.
- Have the opportunity to choose topics and areas that you want to learn more about to tailor your learning experience.
- Have the opportunity to shape your MSc experience to your own interests and career goals, allowing our team to help you to reach your ideal future career.
Find out more about studying with us
Attend an Open Day at Cumbria
An Open Day is your opportunity to explore one of 5 campuses, meet your lecturers, and find out how the University of Cumbria could become your new home.