Grounded in the learning of our acclaimed PGCE General Primary, this Early Years pathway allows you to hone skills to teach in the Key Stage 1 setting, either in schools or nurseries. This unique course pathway gives you the opportunity to nurture children at the very start of their education journey.
You’ll learn through a blend of theory and hands-on experience, working within the National Curriculum framework. You'll explore the concepts and key themes of Primary General, confidently devising and delivering engaging lessons to children aged 3-7 years old.
Over half the course will be spent working with children on assessed placement, with school-based enrichment activities alongside your university-based study. You'll take three placements across a variety of schools and settings, building a wealth of experience to help advance your future career.
On this course you will...
- Support children at the beginning of their education journey.
- Benefit from high-quality support from our academics and staff on a programme designed around you.
- Learn from an experienced, highly qualified programme team, working at the forefront of the academic field.
- Enjoy the intimate feel of our course delivery, with small class sizes and your own personal tutor.
- Utilise cutting edge research on a newly revalidated and up-to-date course.
Find out more about studying with us
Attend an Open Day at Cumbria
An Open Day is your opportunity to explore one of 5 campuses, meet your lecturers, and find out how the University of Cumbria could become your new home.