Twenty ladies who all studied or worked at the Charlotte Mason College paid a return visit to the Ambleside campus that now forms part of the University of Cumbria. The ladies from the Charlotte Mason Association travelled from across the country for their two-day reunion.
Ninety-three-year-old Ann Hawkins from Wolverhampton graduated in 1940 and fondly remembered the buildings and the sense of community the campus created. Ann last visited Ambleside three years ago when she also climbed Scafell Pike.
Over afternoon tea in the newly refurbished Barn building the ladies reminisced about their time as students between 1940 and 1967. 'The Barn' was originally a physical education, theatre space and dance hall for the ladies of the college. They were delighted to see it continuing to be used as a café and social space for today’s students, as well as new flexible learning areas, reception and library facilities.