If you’re an adventure-lover seeking a career in the outdoors, and have completed a related foundation degree or HND, then what better place than within 912 square miles of the iconic Lake District National Park – a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
From your unrivalled base in Ambleside, you’ll have more than 150 lofty peaks, 16 lakes and an abundance of rivers - quite literally a classroom on your doorstep.
And, you’ll use it often because we don’t separate practical experience from academic knowledge– it is integral to it - so you’ll always back-up your theoretical knowledge with real-life scenarios.
On this course you will...
- This course is designed for you if you have a Foundation Degree or HND in Outdoor Education, or similar. And, its perfect if you haven’t got a firm career path in mind.
- Throughout this course you will be able to work with a range of groups in order to further develop you facilitation skills.
- You will be able to undertake a personal research project on a subject of your choice which will help you in your future career aspirations.
- You will have access to a range of outdoor equipment that you can utilise in your free time to further develop your technical skills.
- You will be part of a larger community of students and share some modules which will help with your networking and opportunity to make the most of your time in Cumbria.
Find out more about studying with us
Attend an Open Day at Cumbria
An Open Day is your opportunity to explore one of 5 campuses, meet your lecturers, and find out how the University of Cumbria could become your new home.