There are so many careers that a biology degree can take you into – that’s why choice is at the heart of our human biology course to give you flexibility to specialise your studies.
You’ll get a firm foundation in scientific, intellectual and investigative skills to progress you onto the BSc (Hons) Biology programme.
Why Choose University of Cumbria
We’ve designed this relevant and modern course to give you a broad understanding of biological principles, but importantly, the flexibility to specialise in either microbiology or molecular biology.
Our learn-by-doing focus means you'll often put your academic knowledge to the test with practical sessions in our brand new laboratories - crucial skills for your future as a scientist.
Plus, you’ll work in small learning groups, so tutors are always on hand to help with your studies and research.
- Apply by the 30th September to receive a £500 bursary
- Study in our new up-to-date labs to gain the practical skills employers demand
- Build confidence planning and conducting experiments independently - crucial skills for your future as a scientist
- Taught by academic staff, involved in research and passionate about their field
- Small class sizes so we get to know you and can closely guide and support you
- Flexible modules so you carve the course to suit your future career path
- Explore current advances in human biology to keep up-to-date with scientific developments
- Study topical clinical and environmental microbiology, such as Ebola
- Learn and study about genetics, their patterns of inheritance and mutations
- We aim to boost your knowledge and research of topical issues affecting individuals worldwide
So, if you’re fascinated by the human body’s genetics or perhaps you want to play a part in the exciting future fight against disease, this human biology course will enable you to study and research topical, worldwide issues affecting individuals.
Students have gone on to work for major pharmaceutical companies, cancer research, undertaken postgraduate research or become teachers – with 94% doing so within 6 months of graduating.
So, give your future career in science the edge with our modern human biology degree.