Wish to pursue a career in domestic and global organisations or the not-for-profit sector?
We’ve designed you a course - in consultation with industry and the professional bodies – so you can gain all the core academic and practical skills you’ll need to adapt and succeed in the globally changing business landscape.
Your foundation year will teach you all the academic skills you require to progress onto the full degree programme.
Why Choose University of Cumbria
We’ll provide you with a firm grasp of operations management, economics and business management, while enabling you to develop core skills in problem- solving, decision-making, team-working and communications.
TOP 10 FOR DEVELOPING BUSINESS LEADERS -
According to a study involving 10 million graduates on LinkedIn, we are rated as being in the top 10 for developing business leaders.
But you won’t just learn theoretically about business management - you’ll be doing it, thanks to our innovative teaching. From leading a lecture to turning the classroom into an office, you’ll get every opportunity to become the confident and effective manager that employers demand in today’s dynamic business environment.
- 9/10 of our business graduates are in employment or further study within 6 months of graduating (DLHE 2017)
- Use the latest technology and packages of that in the real business world
- Graduate with a solid portfolio of work - informed by academic theory and current thinking – to present to a future employer
- You get great tutor support and we get to know you because our class sizes are small
- Taught by academic tutors who are current industry consultants and published experts
- Tutors are involved in international research, keeping your learning right up to date
- Study in a professional environment in our dedicated Business School
- Tailor-make your own courses to fit your future career path
- We’ll push you to your academic limit, so you graduate being the best you can be
- Opportunity to study abroad to gain international business experience
- Access to new and modern social and study spaces, technology and facilities
Business Studies ranks 1st in the North West for Graduate Prospects
- Times Good University Guide 2021
You’ll live on our campus in the vibrant student city of Lancaster by the spectacular north west coastline and within an hour of the Lake District National Park and the big cities of Manchester and Liverpool. So, whether you want lively or leisurely in your free time, you’re within reach of both.
Our campus is also home to the Centre For Regional Economic Development , where our academics work with local authorities together with large and small organisations to research and analyse contemporary issues affecting local and regional economies in the north of England. So, your studies will benefit from the latest research and best practices.
Our graduates have been snapped up by banks and major high-street companies for graduate schemes.
So, if you’re looking for a course that’ll give you an edge in business, a great employability profile and current industry-specific business knowledge – this is it.