BA (Hons) - Business Management
Are you enthusiastic about making a difference in the world of business? This is the ideal course for you. We will provide students with the knowledge and skills needed to effectively manage and lead organisations in a competitive business environment. You will cover many of the fascinating intricacies of business, including accounting, finance and marketing.
You will complete this programme with all of the tools to make strategic decisions, solve complex problems and lead teams towards organisational goals.
Discover your potential and drive success!
You will study business management from a range of perspectives and address the big issues facing modern business. Industry-active tutors and resources will ensure learning stays current.
Our business degree will enable you to become business-ready through access to the latest technology. Classroom activities, including leading lectures and mock office environments, will build managerial confidence. Our employer network will provide a strong practical insight, while challenge and creativity will develop your problem-solving, decision-making and team-working skills.
Get ready to delve into the wonderful world of business.
On this course you will...
- Discover global perspective: businesses continue to expand globally, a business degree provides students with a global perspective on business practices and strategies. Graduates can navigate cultural differences and work effectively in diverse teams
- Develop entrepreneurial skills: The business management program will teach you about entrepreneurship and innovation, equipping graduates with the skills and knowledge to start and run their own businesses.
- Gain leadership skills: You will be given the tools to take on leadership roles in organisations. You will learn how to inspire and motivate teams, delegate tasks, and make strategic decisions for the benefit of the business and the team.
- Develop career path: This degree will lead to endless career opportunities, from promotions to executive positions. Graduates can apply their knowledge and skills to a range of industries and sectors, or even build their own brand.
- Have many networking opportunities: You will be gifted opportunities to connect with industry professionals, alumni, and fellow students. These connections can lead to internships, job offers, and business partnerships in the future.
Discover how Shona's course helped her raise £30,000
My degree and roles at work also gave me insight into account management and sales control, providing insight of what is going in and leaving. I also had the experience of creating spreadsheets showing spends and reconciliations – which supported my fundraising efforts.
I feel totally overwhelmed, it was completely unexpected and I was really shocked when the TV crew knocked on my door to tell me. At the time I deactivated social media when I knew I was nominated as it made me question why I deserved this level of recognition over someone else. I am so incredibly grateful and would like to say a huge thank you to everyone who has taken the time to nominate me. This is a once-in-a-lifetime experience and something I will always remember.
Stay Focused. Go far.
Lancaster is the Red Rose heartland, a student haven full of history and culture. With iconic stone architecture, parkland, and a caring community, this is the place to get involved. The campus houses top-quality facilities tailored to the needs of life-savers, world changers, and future leaders.Find out more
Set in the heart of Barrow-in-Furness, the Barrow Campus offers higher education courses in a convenient location. With state-of-the-art facilities and placement opportunities, this is the place where students become life-savers.Find out more
Find out more about studying with us
Attend an Open Day at Cumbria
An Open Day is your opportunity to explore one of 5 campuses, meet your lecturers, and find out how the University of Cumbria could become your new home.