BSc (Hons) - Forestry (Top-up)
Looking to develop a career where you protect the world around you every day? Our BSc Forestry Top-Up degree course provides a path into the forestry profession so you gain all the practical know-how to work in a truly worthwhile and rewarding sector.
And, from our campus in Ambleside, you’ll have the opportunity to study in woodlands managed for conservation, timber production and social benefits - all within easy access.
Study professional forestry at our National School of Forestry in the iconic Lake District National Park – a UNESCO World Heritage Site just minutes from our Ambleside Campus. Gain the skills to start a career in a sector crucial for biodiversity, society and the economy, with a pathway into the National School of Forestry.
On this course you will...
- Develop hands-on skills with our 150 hours of work experience.
- Get accredited by the Institute of Chartered Foresters.
- Use the latest forestry technology, such as remote sensing and drones during your studies, to enhance your employability.
- Benefits from our more than 50 years' experience educating and training professional and award-winning foresters.
- Boost your employability through our excellent links with the Royal Forestry Society, Institute of Chartered Foresters (ICF) and many other forestry organisations.
Nestled in the Lake District National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage site, the Ambleside campus is the perfect place for world-savers, animal lovers, and adventurers. There is never a dull moment when surrounded by such natural beauty and opportunity.Find out more
Find out more about studying with us
Attend an Open Day at Cumbria
An Open Day is your opportunity to explore one of 5 campuses, meet your lecturers, and find out how the University of Cumbria could become your new home.