Looking to further or develop a new career in forestry? Then our top up degree - the only one of its type in the UK - is the qualification for you.
You’ll study professional forestry at our National School of Forestry in the iconic Lake District National Park – now a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Our course is perfect for you if you already have a HND or foundation degree in forestry or arboriculture and want to study for a BSc Honours Degree and gain accreditation through the Institute of Chartered Foresters, the forestry sector professional body.
Why choose this course at Cumbria
From our campus in Ambleside, you will have the opportunity to study in woodlands managed for conservation, timber production and conservation.
And, Ambleside is a great place to live with access to the recreational opportunities afforded by the Lake District National Park.
- Our course is accredited by the Institute of Chartered Foresters
- Forestry employers contact us to fill vacancies for professional forestry posts
- Our excellent links with the Royal Forestry Society, Institute of Chartered Foresters (ICF) and other forestry organisations provide you with great job prospects
- You’ll use the latest forestry technology, such as remote sensing and drones during your studies, to enhance your employability
- Taught by academic tutors, who have worked as professional foresters
- Tutors are involved in conducting ground-breaking, international research, which will inform your learning
- Opportunities to win prizes from a variety of forestry organisations.
- Easy access to the excellent facilities of the National School of Forestry
- You’ll frequently be doing hands-on forestry thanks to our practical-focused approach
- Opportunity to gain work experience in Canada
If you want a rewarding career in a sector, which is important for biodiversity, society and the economy, then this professional course at the National School of Forestry will set you on the path to success.