Turn your ideas into exciting new games. Seventy five per cent of your course is practical – designing, developing and creating new game experiences to create a portfolio for future employers.
This course is all about the art and design work related to video games, creating storyboard concepts and turning them into playable prototypes. You’ll gain the skills to become a professional technical artist, as well as entrepreneurial skills to enable you to compete in this growing industry.
Industry-standard 3D and games engine software will help you develop essential skills including drawing, modelling, texturing and using the games engine. You will also have access to our motion capture software and VR headsets to allow you to develop professional-standard work in readiness for entering the games industry. Our dedicated arts campus will allow you to mix with other creatives, allowing you to work on joint projects and develop your own network of creative practitioners.
On this course you will...
- Have access to dedicated Games Design labs with industry-standard software, providing a friendly, collegiate, and supportive environment.
- You learn games specific topics like drawing & concept art, character design, environment design, 3D modelling, texturing, level design, and game theory.
- Have the opportunity to take a range of trips outside of the lab to gain inspiration and improve creative thinking. In previous years they have included games expo – EGX and Develop: Brighton.
- Take part in our annual Game Jam that culminates in an award ceremony featuring Industry experts as judges and delivering a keynote lecture.
- Develop a wide range of transferable digital skills allowing you to take up a number of internships during your studies.
International student? More info
Find out more about studying with us
Stay focused. Go far. We've got you.
You don't have to go further to go far.
It only takes a few hours to change your life.