Working in multi-disciplinary (creative and technical) teams through the development of computer games. Bsc Games Development Programme combines technology and creativity in a multidisciplinary way. The game industry continues to be an expanding and challenging sector with continually evolving ideas and cutting-edge technologies. This course covers the major technical aspects of the computer games development process from design to production. It aims to prepare students for a career in Game Industry with a particular emphasis on computer games development. The course provides students with a solid understanding of game technologies including programming, computer graphics, and game engines.
*this programme is subject to validation.
On this course you will...
- Work on industry-led briefs allowing you to develop your autonomy, creativity and professionalism for your chosen specialism.
- Understand programming principles and their relation to coding development, and demonstrate developing games for new platforms and their associated operating systems.
- Be encouraged to take a critical and analytical approach to gameplay narrative and storytelling through the simulation of collaborative studio working groups, lectures and group critique sessions.
- Undertake group projects which will simulate the workflow of a professional studio, and be introduced to a range of research methodologies and approaches.
- Attend workshops with guest speakers - adding value to your learning experience where you can share your work with the professionals through activities and screenings.
- Be introduced to a range of new game interfaces and developing technologies, giving you confidence in new technical competences with forms of interaction.
Find out more about studying with us
Attend an Open Day at Cumbria
An Open Day is your opportunity to explore one of 5 campuses, meet your lecturers, and find out how the University of Cumbria could become your new home.