Want to be a police officer? Well, the way in which you can get into the service will change by 2020 and you’ll need to professional qualification for a career serving and protecting in England and Wales.
We’ve designed our programme - together with Cumbria Constabulary and the College of Policing – so that as a foundation degree holder, you can build on your existing qualifications to achieve a BSc (Hons).
Why Choose University of Cumbria
You’ll learn all of the aspects of policing, including: operational policing, legislation and police powers and structured interviewing skills, that you’ll need for a future as a police officer.
But, everything you do will be with a view to successfully securing a job in a police force, so you’ll back the theory you learn with work-based sessions and with on-the-job experience.
- We are a Centre of Excellence for Policing Studies and an approved pre-join provider by the College of Policing
- Flexibility to study part time student over two years to fit around employment
- Opportunity for you to apply to be a special constable – giving you first-hand experience in modern policing and boosting your CV
- Tutors include former serving police officers with a wealth of experience in the service
- Our small class sizes mean we get to know you well and can give 1-1 workshops
- Great placement opportunities and on-the-job training thanks to our excellent links with constabularies and organisations in the criminal justice system
- Serving police officers ensure everything we teach matches the ever-changing world of professional policing
- Guidance from serving police officers seconded from Cumbria Constabulary
- You can conveniently study the course online if you need to fit studies in with your lifestyle
- You’ll be based in Carlisle – under 20 miles from the Lake District and Scotland
- If you want to volunteer as a special constable, we’ll help you do that too and will be happy to support your application
So, for a course that will bolster your chances of gaining the professional qualification required and boost your practical skill base to step into the world of policing, this is it.