Our foundation year is designed to help you to develop confidence and essential university skills which will enable you to progress onto our degree level programme.
Security and intelligence has traditionally been associated with law enforcement and the military whereas our course merges skillsets gained in these environments with all aspects of the commercial world.
The ability to identify and fill gaps of knowledge is a fundamental investigative requirement from crime to any other discipline requiring questions to be answered.
Whether you are engaged in analysis, protective services, any part of the public sector or private business the elements of this course will feature in your professional and private life.
This course provides the opportunity to gain knowledge and experience of practices previously only available within a few public sector professions.
On this course you will...
- Gain a professional and ethical understanding of how to recognise security risks in a variety of environments.
- Learn to recognise intelligence gathering opportunities, access material and data in a legal and ethical manner.
- Learn to analyse threat and design solutions needed to minimise them.
- Explore how to meet the diverse needs of employees.
- Explore investigative techniques and develop a detective skillset.
Find out more about studying with us
Attend an Open Day at Cumbria
An Open Day is your opportunity to explore one of 5 campuses, meet your lecturers, and find out how the University of Cumbria could become your new home.