BSc (Hons) - Health and Social Care
Do you want to support and help others with your future career? Our BSc (Hons) Health and Social Care course is designed with a range of engaging modules to give you the opportunity to develop your professional and personal skills.
These skills will allow you to pursue your ideal career and hit the ground running working in health and social care.
This health and social care degree will support your academic advancement to prepare you for a rewarding career. It will provide you with the knowledge to support your professional needs, alongside developing key skills in research, writing and presenting. You'll enhance your personal skills including communication, team working, self-management, motivation, resilience, self-awareness and confidence. You will gain awareness of professional contexts, individual professional standards and values.
The highly transferable knowledge and skills gained while studying our health and social care course will directly impact your role within practice, enhancing both personal and professional development and maximising your career opportunities in the department of Health and Social Care. You'll be empowered to take initiative, make complex decisions, and generate transformative solutions. Successfully completing this course will allow progression into postgraduate study with our postgraduate masters and CPD courses.
On this course you will...
- Be part of an active and vibrant community of like-minded students who want to make a difference.
- Study a range of engaging modules that provide you with an extensive variety of content that will support your future professional needs and academic development.
- Be taught by expert lecturers who have professional experience from across our Institute of Health, covering a spectrum of health and social care professions.
- Access high-quality support from our friendly lecturing team who will guide you through your academic development and get to know you personally.
- Kickstart your ideal career in health and social care.
Carlisle - Fusehill Street Campus
The Fusehill Street campus has been the setting of life-saving treatments since World War I. Now, it's home to world changers, life-savers, crime fighters, and entrepreneurs with access to high-quality facilities and innovative thinking.Find out more
Lancaster is the Red Rose heartland, a student haven full of history and culture. With iconic stone architecture, parkland, and a caring community, this is the place to get involved. The campus houses top-quality facilities tailored to the needs of life-savers, world changers, and future leaders.Find out more
Find out more about studying with us
Attend an Open Day at Cumbria
An Open Day is your opportunity to explore one of 5 campuses, meet your lecturers, and find out how the University of Cumbria could become your new home.