This course has been created to support academic advancement to prepare you for a career within health and social care. This programme has been designed to offer a range of modules providing you with a broad range of content to support your professional needs. You will develop the key competencies for research, writing and presentation skills and enhance personal skills such as communication, team working, self-management, motivation, resilience, self-awareness and confidence. You will gain awareness of professional contexts, individual professional standards and values.
Why Choose University of Cumbria
- You will study a range of engaging modules that provide you with an extensive variety of content that will support your future professional needs and academic development during your studies
- You will be taught by expert lecturers who have professional experience from across our Institute of Health. They cover a spectrum of health and social care professions, giving you the opportunity to build your professional knowledge
- This programme provides you with the opportunity to achieve a nationally recognised academic award and facilitate progression as you build your career within Health and Social Care sectors
- We have a number of first-year modules that will prepare you well for academic study containing contemporary content. In particular, students have enjoyed our module that supports academic studies called Developing Academic Writing.
- You will gain an understanding of the importance of core values required in the health care sector, such as reliability, honesty and upholding professional ethics
- You'll be allocated a personal tutor, your personal tutor can support you with academic and pastoral issues and monitor your progress to ensure that you can engage with your programme.
You’ll be studying in one of two vibrant student cities within close proximity of the Lake District National Park and the big cities such as Manchester and Liverpool. So, whether you want lively or leisurely, you’re within reach of both.
Upon completion of the course, you can gain employment or a promotion within a professional health and social care role or develop or extend your sphere of practice. There are opportunities to allow you to continue studying to gain a further qualification in Nursing or Allied Health Professions such as Physiotherapy, Radiography or Occupational Therapy. There is also the opportunity to train to work within other disciplines such as Teaching and Social Work. Additionally, there are opportunities to continue your studies at postgraduate level, either individual modules or a full Masters programme.