This integrated foundation year entry route offers an alternative, supportive route for students who may not have the required qualification(s) for direct entry onto some of our level 4 programmes, or those who may have taken an extended break from education.
By successfully completing the first year of this programme you may be able to apply to transfer onto one of our health professional programmes, including:
BSc (Hons) Diagnostic Radiography
BSc (Hons) Nursing – Adult
BSc (Hons) Nursing – Learning Disability
BSc (Hons) Nursing – Mental Health
BSc (Hons) Occupational Therapy
BA (Hons) Social Work
If you do not wish to specialise after completing year one, you can continue onto the full health and social care degree. The full degree will support your academic advancement to prepare you for your ideal career in health and social care. You'll enhance your personal skills including communication, teamworking, self-management, motivation, resilience, self-awareness and confidence.
On this course you will...
- Have the option to transfer onto one of our health professional programmes (listed above) or progress onto the full health and social care degree at the end of the integrated foundation year.
- Study a range of engaging modules that will develop your confidence in your academic skills so that you are prepared for further study.
- Be taught by expert lecturers who have professional experience from across our Institute of Health, covering a spectrum of health and social care professions.
- Study health and social care as part of an active and vibrant community of like-minded Institute of Health students who want to make a difference.
- Access pastoral and academic support that is embedded in the programme to guide you on your journey into higher education, with a Student Development Coordinator providing advice and guidance.
Find out more about studying with us
Attend an Open Day at Cumbria
An Open Day is your opportunity to explore one of 5 campuses, meet your lecturers, and find out how the University of Cumbria could become your new home.