This Integrated Foundation Year entry route offers an alternative supportive route for students who may not have the required entry qualification for direct entry onto some of our level 4 programmes, or those who may have taken an extended break from education. By successfully completing the first year of this programme you may be able to apply to transfer onto one of our health professional programmes including:
BSc (Hons) Diagnostic Radiography
BSc (Hons) Nursing–Adult
BSc (Hons) Nursing–Learning Disability
BSc (Hons) Nursing–Mental Health
BSc (Hons) Occupational Therapy
BA (Hons) Social Work
If you do not wish to specialise after completing year one, you can continue onto the full Health and Social Care Degree. The full degree will support your academic advancement to prepare you for your ideal career within health and social care. You'll enhance your personal skills including communication, team working, self-management, motivation, resilience, self-awareness and confidence.
On this course you will...
- Have the option to transfer onto one of our health professional programmes (listed above) or progress onto the full health and social care degree at the end of the Integrated Foundation Year.
- Study a range of engaging modules that will develop your confidence in your academic skills so that you are prepared for further study.
- Be taught by expert lecturers who have professional experience from across our Institute of Health, covering a spectrum of health and social care professions.
- Become part of an active and vibrant community of like-minded Instiute of Health students who want to make a difference.
- Access pastoral and academic support that is embedded in the programme to guide you on your journey into higher education, with a Student Development Coordinator providing advice and guidance.
International student? More info
Find out more about studying with us
Stay focused. Go far. We've got you.
You don't have to go further to go far.
It only takes a few hours to change your life.