Want to break into the film and TV industry? Then this innovative and highly-practical course - with a roll call of students who’ve scooped Royal Television Society Awards – we will boost your quest.
You’ll rapidly develop high-level technical, creative and professional skills through hands-on studies to produce quality films and television programmes.
Why Choose University of Cumbria?
The stunning landscapes make Cumbria a popular location for professional film and TV companies – in recent years it has hosted Star Wars: The Force Awakens, Snow White and the Huntsman, World War Z and The Avengers: Infinity War.
And, because of our great links with major film companies, students get the chance to work on large-scale professional productions, getting great first-hand experience, which has led to work offers.
Every week you’ll be out planning, shooting or editing a film, working on a wide range of projects - from commercials to documentaries; scripts to multi-camera productions; short films to music videos.
- 75% of your learning will be in practical sessions
- You’ll learn industry processes to gain a solid foundation in the diverse skillset required for the film and TV industry
- We’ll encourage you to be creative and develop your own style by exploring genre, story structure and studying film grammar
- Visits from professional TV practitioners and filmmakers means you get great the chance to make good industry contacts
- Boost your future job prospects by learning entrepreneurial skills – how to market yourself, how to get your work seen and the skills you need for self-employment
- Learn current professional practice and to operate the equipment used by industry professionals
- Full access to production facilities and up-to-date technology
- Create a minimum of 10 portfolio-ready pieces of work to present to potential employer
Our students have beaten off strong competition to win Royal Television Society (RTS) Awards every single year - in 2016 University of Cumbria Film and TV students won 4 out of 6 regional student RTS awards.
Our tutors come directly from industry and bring with them the latest industry techniques, workflows and knowledge.