BA (Hons) - Film and Television
If you want to break into the film and TV industry, we can help. Our dynamic, practical film and television course will immerse you in a diverse range of projects where you will develop high-level technical, creative and industry skills, plus the confidence to make the leap into the professional world.Apply
The practical nature of our film and television degree ensures you will develop a complete range of production skills covering all aspects of the film and TV making process, from idea to finished product. This will help prepare you to become a filmmaker, scriptwriter or TV producer.
Throughout this BA (Hons) Film and Television, we will focus on developing your ‘voice’ as a creative. This is done through weekly practical tasks that build to a cohesive set of production skills.
Together these will equip you with all you need to make great content and enhance your employability in film and television. Short films, multi-camera TV productions, documentaries, scriptwriting and experimental/music videos, alongside regular workshops from professional practitioners, will help you find your voice.
Our production facilities and specialist staff provide all the tools and support you need to bring your creative ideas to life. Between them, our staff have over 20 years' experience in the exhilarating and vibrant film and TV industry.
Our students regularly win awards and attain festival success. What better way is there to kickstart a career in film and TV?
On this course you will...
- Study within a safe, creative and vibrant environment that allows for individual approaches to filmmaking. There is an emphasis on practical learning with practical tasks and collaborative work.
- Develop close but meaningful working relationships with industry partners and critical friends to enhance learning and experiences for our students.
- Benefit from a flexible programme that reacts to industry/market needs when shaping the course.
- Have access to industry-standard equipment with managed access to kits where individual personal projects are encouraged.
- Prepare for the employment of tomorrow by learning future-proof, broader skill-base, transferable skills and adaptation – learners must show resilience, confidence, and ingenuity.
- Collaborate with expert lecturers such as course leader and Directors UK member Clive Tonge.
WHAT OUR GRADUATES Say
More than the degree modules themselves, it was what the lecturers brought from their past, real-world experiences to the programme that captivated and inspired me most.
Archit Hegde, BA (Hons) Film & TV
Archit Hegde talks about his journey from Goa to study in Carlisle, his work at Marvel, MGM, and Netflix - and shares his top tips for graduates seeking work in the Film and TV industry.
Stay Focused. Go Far.
Carlisle - Brampton Road Campus
Located just outside the city, right on top of Hadrian's Wall, the Brampton Road campus is full of history, buzzing with excitement, creativity, and a sense of endless possibility. The home of creators, entertainers, rule breakers, and change-markers.Find out more
Find out more about studying with us
Attend an Open Day at Cumbria
An Open Day is your opportunity to explore one of 5 campuses, meet your lecturers, and find out how the University of Cumbria could become your new home.