Based at our Ambleside campus in the Lake District National Park, you will study surrounded by mountains, woods, rivers, and lakes. The course focuses on incorporating adventurous lifestyles that are socially and environmentally sensitive to address the ecological and cultural challenges of our times.
Using your outdoor skills you will learn about environmental, ecological, and geographical processes that shape outdoor places. You will explore how outdoor experiences can be used to benefit health and wellbeing, with the opportunity to visit and be involved in projects in partnership with work-based activities both in outdoor and environmental contexts.
There are several field trips in the UK and you’ll also be able to travel independently to the Picos de Europa in Spain. This opportunity will set you up for a successful career in the great outdoors. Whether you work in environmental education, conservation and environmental management, or using therapeutic applications outdoors.
On this course you will...
- Learn outdoors experientially to develop outdoor skills and explore contemporary environmental questions.
- Work with and for different outdoor and environmental organisations to gain hands-on experience and contacts with potential future employers.
- Explore how the outdoors has heath and wellbeing benefits and therapeutic applications.
- Learn in inspiring locations like the Lake District National Park, North Wales, Scotland, British coastline, and Spain (including a shared international expedition with Spanish students).
- Meet some of the most inspiring people and students, and have unique once-in-a-lifetime experiences.
International student? More info
Find out more about studying with us
Stay focused. Go far. We've got you.
You don't have to go further to go far.
It only takes a few hours to change your life.