Want to boost your career in the IT, engineering, manufacturing, construction or the nuclear industries? With us, you can top up your foundation degree to achieve a full honours level qualification.
Our course has been designed around the requirements of professional bodies, including the Association for Project Management (APM), so that you learn all the graduate-level and profession-relevant skills that you need for a successful career in project management.
The course also focuses on your personal development, with opportunities to improve your communication and leadership skills to develop the confidence that you need as a practising project manager.
Why Choose University of Cumbria
You’ll learn the project management techniques that employers demand from you and your knowledge will be up to date with the latest guidance from the APM.
Academic theory, in areas such as project management methodologies, project management case studies and leadership skills, will be backed-up with hands-on practical sessions and examples to boost your confidence and employability.
- Prepares you for the syllabus for the APM Project Fundamentals Qualification (PFQ) and the APM Project Management Qualification
- Opportunity for work-based placements
- Tutors are experienced in providing continuous professional development courses
- Academic staff have diverse backgrounds with project-related experience across different sectors
- We get to know you well and support you throughout your studies
- Kept up to date with the latest industry practices through guest lectures by current professionals
- Site visits and case studies give you a good insight into the profession
- Learn about project management techniques and get to grips with current professionally-used software to boost your employment chances
- Our links with local, regional and national businesses and the Association for Project Management North West Branch give you good networking opportunities
- Our students have won awards for working with local projects, depicting the positive contribution of project management to bring community benefits
Our aim is to see you graduate armed with the knowledge and confidence as a project manager with a bright future.
So, if you’re looking for a course that’ll give you an edge, a good employability profile with career-boosting potential– this is it.
This course has been designed with employers in mind and the majority of students on the course will be working in a project-related role. To enable employed people to study the course successfully alongside their jobs, the delivery of lectures and learning material is typically scheduled in a day-release model, with a single day of intensive engagement each week supported with additional online materials. Students who are not currently working will get the benefit of studying alongside practising project professionals as well as having the flexibility in their weekly calendar to seek employment or to fully dedicate their time to their studies.
Your qualification will leave you perfectly prepared for a career in project management, especially within the IT, construction, engineering or manufacturing industries.