You’ll examine the theory of physical education, sport and coaching science across education, leisure and community sectors. A learn-and-do ethos will see classes complemented by practical sessions, while experience in schools and community groups will provide real-world application.
You’ll benefit from the support and first-hand knowledge of professionals. Alongside this, you'll have access to numerous facilities, including our sports hall, functional fitness training room, human performance laboratories and specialist IT rooms.
Fast track your job hunt with our industry links. You’ll have numerous career options upon graduation including sport coaching, teaching, sport development, elite performance analysis and personal training.
On this course you will...
- Gain academic and vocational key skills through both classroom and community engagement projects linked to specific modules.
- Be taught in small class sizes which means you get to know your class and tutors well, allowing you to feel supported during your studies.
- Have access to an extensive range of partner organisations in sport including Active Cumbria, Active Lancashire and Golf England facilitating learning opportunities, guest speakers and placements.
- Follow the successes of our graduates who have pursued careers in PE teaching, sport development, event management, high-performance coaching and community coaching roles.
- Benefit from our partnership with local leisure centre, Salt Ayre, giving you access to even more high-quality sports facilities.
Find out more about studying with us
Attend an Open Day at Cumbria
An Open Day is your opportunity to explore one of 5 campuses, meet your lecturers, and find out how the University of Cumbria could become your new home.