You’ll develop outdoor and leadership skills, knowledge and experience working with people in challenging environments. You will enjoy great facilities at our Lake District campus whilst gaining all the skills you need to work in the outdoor sector. There will be plenty of opportunities to get outside and enjoy exciting field trips in a range of locations which may include the Highlands of Scotland, North Wales and the Spanish Pyrenees.
The course is organised to blend theory and practice seamlessly, using a range of adventurous outdoor activities to promote your learning whilst gaining valuable experience and skills to support your journey towards National Governing Body Awards.
On this course you will...
- Benefit from the outdoor experience that's at the heart of this course with theory backed up by practice.
- Improve your competencies in mountaineering, climbing, sailing, caving and paddling.
- Explore the outdoors while developing academic, critical-thinking and valuable life skills.
- Learn to successfully lead people with the most up-to-date and best practice coaching.
- Gain valuable commercial and entrepreneurial skills – enhancing your employability.
Find out more about studying with us
Attend an Open Day at Cumbria
An Open Day is your opportunity to explore one of 5 campuses, meet your lecturers, and find out how the University of Cumbria could become your new home.