BA (Hons) - Primary Education: Inclusion with SEND with QTS (5-11 Years)
Do you have a passion for enabling all children, whatever their background, to have full access to education? Motivated to help children overcome any barriers to learning that they may face? This unique and innovative course will equip you to become a confident and inspiring teacher with high expectations for all children. And, because the programme has QTS (Qualified Teacher Status) built-in, you can apply for a position as a teacher the minute you graduate.Apply
Develop expertise in teaching children who face barriers to education with this unique specialism. One of the few QTS courses in the country to offer this area as a significant focus, the programme ensures that you develop the skills and knowledge to support the learning and development of all children, including those with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities. Put your passion for social justice into practice by uplifting the achievement and opportunity of traditionally disadvantaged children, training to become a life-changing SEND/Inclusion specialist teacher.
On this course you will...
- Spend 32 weeks in school placements, including specialist provision if you choose.
- Develop confidence and expertise based on a comprehensive understanding of the latest developments in inclusive education.
- Be supported by committed and friendly tutors.
- Benefit from small group sizes.
- Have the encouragement of a personal tutor, who will enable you to make the most of your time at university, and help you to overcome any challenges you may meet.
Lancaster is the Red Rose heartland, a student haven full of history and culture. With iconic stone architecture, parkland, and a caring community, this is the place to get involved. The campus houses top-quality facilities tailored to the needs of life-savers, world changers, and future leaders.Find out more
Find out more about studying with us
Attend an Open Day at Cumbria
An Open Day is your opportunity to explore one of 5 campuses, meet your lecturers, and find out how the University of Cumbria could become your new home.