If you are passionate about pursuing a career in psychology but do not have the required qualifications for direct entry then the Integrated Foundation Year offers a supportive alternative route to a degree.
You will explore human experience across a range of contexts and lifespans, from understanding the biological basis of behaviour to questioning the impact of social media on child development. You will learn the academic knowledge and practical skills you need to help make a difference in the lives of others.
Accredited by the BPS you will be able to apply for a Graduate Basis for Chartership, helping you develop the knowledge and skills for a successful career in Psychology or Counselling/Psychotherapy. This standout course adheres to the training requirements of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy. Upon graduation, you will be eligible to apply for individual membership of the BACP and apply for registration, subject to passing the BACP Proficiency.
On this course you will...
- Explore and apply psychological literature to current issues, contexts and experiences.
- Develop key knowledge, skills and abilities to help you prepare for a career in counselling and psychotherapy or related psychotherapeutic professions.
- Develop your knowledge and build a solid foundation of the core skills needed to progress onto the full degree programme.
- Be taught and given high-quality support and guidance by our expert lecturing team, who are active in research and practices.
- Have the opportunity to get involved in a range of extracurricular activities including sessions by experts in the field of psychology and counselling.
International student? More info
Find out more about studying with us
Stay focused. Go far. We've got you.
You don't have to go further to go far.
It only takes a few hours to change your life.