If you are passionate about pursuing a career as a sport coaching professional but do not have the required qualifications for direct entry then the Integrated Foundation Year offers a supportive alternative route into Higher Education.
You’ll examine the theory of physical education, sport and coaching science across education, leisure and community sectors. Build on this with a focus on teaching and coaching. A learn-and-do ethos will see teaching complemented by practical sessions whilst experience in schools, clubs and community groups will provide real-world application. Completing 50 hours of work experience will prove invaluable for your CV. With numerous career options upon graduation including sport coaching, teaching, sport development, performance analysis and event management.
You’ll receive the support of industry-sourced professionals and have access to facilities including a sports hall and performance laboratories, Salt Ayre leisure centre and Brathay Hall and estate.
On this course you will...
- Gain academic and vocational key skills through both classroom and community engagement projects linked to specific modules.
- Be taught in small class sizes which means you get to know your class and tutors well, allowing you to feel supported during your studies.
- Gain CIMSPA accreditation boosting your graduate prospects and gain free qualifications recognised by industry during your studies.
- Have access to an extensive range of partner organisations in sport including Active Cumbria, Active Lancashire and Golf England facilitating learning opportunities, guest speakers and placements.
- Reach the right level for progressing onto the full degree programme, building a solid foundation of skills from which to expand upon.
Find out more about studying with us
Stay focused. Go far. We've got you.
You don't have to go further to go far.
It only takes a few hours to change your life.