Did you know that an NHS financial assistance is available for this course? Tap here to learn more
If you want a future career as a diagnostic radiographer, then you’ll require the anatomy and physiology knowledge of the human body and the skills to use medical imaging equipment – we’ll teach you it all.
Our new course - accredited the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) and approved by the Society and College of Radiographers (SCoR) - offers you an excellent start to your professional career, as our graduates are sought after by employers well before graduation.
And, we’ve had commendations for our current and modern programme because it relates specifically to the requirements of the NHS and other healthcare services.
Why Choose University of Cumbria
To step into this profession, you will need to have the academic skills, but also competency in practical skills and so that is why you will spend 50% of your studies on clinical placement.
- 96% overall student satisfaction (National Student Survey 2018)
- Eligible to apply for registration as a fully-qualified radiographer with the Health and Care Professions Council and the Society and College of Radiographers after graduation
- Opportunity to focus and gain experience, both clinically and academically, in an imaging modality you are interested to progress into with the choice of pathway-specific modules in year 3
- Direct access to £2 million-worth of digital imaging equipment to ensure your study and learning is current and relevant
- Taught in specialist clinical skills labs- replicating a hospital X-ray department and wards simulating the workplace, so that you have the necessary skills to stand out from your competitors when you apply for jobs
- 50% of your studies are undertaken in a partner clinical centre, where you’ll be guided by registered professionals with a variety of experience and advanced radiological skills
- Our close working relationship with NHS and private health care partners, boosts your employment prospects
- Small class sizes mean we can support you personally as a key member in a small team
- We have earned a reputation in specialist international research, so your studies are up to date with current practices
- Study in a friendly, professional environment
- Choose to study in either Lancaster or Carlisle - both vibrant and friendly student cities steeped in history
All of our clinical placements offer the full range of imaging modalities including projectional radiography, computerised tomography, magnetic resonance imaging, radionuclide (gamma camera) imaging and ultrasound.
You will spend your placement time within one Trust so you can develop and consolidate your competencies rather than constantly learning a new set of hospital procedures.
Our graduates have a national reputation for clinical excellence, so why not join our course to ensure you gain the skills and are given the opportunities for an exciting progressive career in the medical imaging field.
After finishing the course, you will be eligible to apply for registration as a fully qualified radiographer with the Health and Care Professions Council, and join the Society and College of Radiographers. You'll have all the knowledge and skills you need to move onto a career in the medical profession in the UK or abroad. This would also make you eligible to do postgraduate studies at a later date.