During this occupational therapy course, you will spend at least 1,000 hours on placement in a variety of settings with children, adults and older adults with physical, social or mental health challenges. Placements take place within the NHS, councils, private, voluntary and independent sector organisations, and in a range of settings from hospitals, health and day centres, care homes or places of work.
You will be eligible to apply for registration with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) and apply for membership of the Royal College of Occupational Therapists (RCOT) upon graduation. Our graduates have an excellent reputation making them sought after by a multitude of employers including the NHS, councils, private, voluntary and independent sector organisations.
On this course you will...
- Work in small groups with your peers, developing teamwork and networking skills, with the opportunity to collaborate and engage with clinicians and service users.
- Have placement experiences in a range of settings including the NHS and role-emerging placements alongside qualified clinicians.
- Develop analytical and research skills to support your practice as an evidence-based occupational therapist.
- Be supported by our team – we get to know you personally and our staff and students have great relationships, allowing you to feel fully supported as you study.
- Develop your practical skills in our purpose-built 'home' rooms and simulation laboratories. You will have the opportunity to gain confidence and skills outside of your placements.
Find out more about studying with us
Attend an Open Day at Cumbria
An Open Day is your opportunity to explore one of 5 campuses, meet your lecturers, and find out how the University of Cumbria could become your new home.