Working alongside qualified expert physiotherapists, you will learn profession-specific skills which meet the needs of your future employers. You'll complete 1000 hours of work-based practice, taking advantage of our exceptional industry links. You have the opportunity to take part in a flexible self-directed placement in Year 2 that allows you to explore areas of your specific interest.
Our industry-experienced tutors provide you with theoretical backing and hands-on opportunities in our physiotherapy and simulation suites. Whilst learning, you will be able to work with other Institute of Health students, as you would in a professional role.
On completion of this degree, you will be eligible to apply for membership to the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP) and the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC). This will open up a variety of employment opportunities in the NHS, private and sporting sectors.
On this course you will...
- Develop your skills and prepare for clinical environments with practical sessions facilitated by experienced staff in a range of simulated clinical environments.
- Learn the practical skills needed in the diagnosis and management of musculoskeletal, respiratory and neurological conditions.
- Complete a range of practice placements within various settings allowing you to experience the nature of the profession and the different specialisms which it covers.
- Get to know your classmates well and receive close tuition, support and guidance from our friendly lecturing team.
- Be able to apply for membership to the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy and the Health and Care Professions Council upon graduation, allowing you to become an autonomous practitioner.
Find out more about studying with us
Attend an Open Day at Cumbria
An Open Day is your opportunity to explore one of 5 campuses, meet your lecturers, and find out how the University of Cumbria could become your new home.